- Over $25 billion is spent annually on the treatment of chronic wounds.1 Heel pressure wounds account for over 30% of this — that’s over $7.5 billion!
- The heels are the most common site for pressure ulcers in long-term care facilities, and the second most common site for pressure ulcers overall.2
- Of all pressure ulcers, 30.3% develop on the heels and 6.1% on the malleolus (ankle bone).3
Heel Pressure Relief and Positioning Solutions
AliMed understands the day-to-day challenges you face when managing heel protection. Based on feedback from our valued customers, AliMed engineers developed effective solutions to help address the biggest challenges — footdrop prevention, product cost, compliance, care and cleaning, and risk of secondary injury. AliMed Heel Protection Products offer quality solutions for every budget with both premium and value options — from hard-shell Wound Care & Contracture Boots to soft, protective Skin Sleeves & Pads. In addition to our own trusted brand, we also sell a selection of recognized brands for your convenience.
For managing footdrop prevention and cross-leg injury concerns
The MultiBoot is a clinician’s best choice for maximum protection and heel pressure relief. This exceptional line of Wound Care & Contracture Boots fully suspends the heel, eliminating pressure and allowing optimal airflow — all while keeping the foot and ankle in a neutral position to help avoid a footdrop contracture. Unlike soft boot models, AliMed hard-shelled boots maintain the foot and ankle in proper alignment, even when there is moderate flexor tone present. Choose from three models: the fully padded MultiBoot™ Xtra for extra moisture control and airflow, the skin-safe MultiBoot™ X-Cel, with all smooth edges and built for safe ambulation, and the budget-friendly MultiBoot™ Standard.
Soft comfort with footdrop prevention
For patients with fragile skin or those with existing heel ulcers, we recommend AliMed® Soft Heel Suspension Boots with premium lower-leg and heel protection combined with moderate footdrop prevention. These boots eliminate heel pressure and subsequent skin breakdown, and help guard against footdrop.
Choose from a variety of boots, ranging in support, amount of airflow, moisture-wicking quality, washability, rotation control, and smooth exterior material for ease of bed mobility.
Heel Suspension Positioners help reduce heat buildup
When perspiration and heat buildup occur, the risk increases for poor compliance or worse, pressure ulcers. AliMed Suspension Positioners help improve airflow and reduce heat buildup to improve skin integrity and comfort. Similar to boots, our positioners combine full heel pressure relief and allow easy access to the heel for skin inspection, treatments, and dressing changes.
Heel Pillows provide comfortable pressure reduction
For basic heel protection against skin ulcers, we recommend our pillows and cushions for more effective heel suspension, protection, and stabilization than resting on a bed pillow.
Protect heels or elbows from friction and pressure
For basic protection against skin ulcers, we recommend our wearable, washable, low-profile sleeve protectors. Choose from options that feature removable foam or cooling gel inserts to pad and protect vulnerable heels, ankles, or elbows from friction and pressure.
Trust AliMed to be your source for ALL your heel protection needs.
- Brem H, Stojadinovic O, Diegelmann RF, Entero H, Lee B, Pastar I, Golinko M, Rosenberg H, Tomic-Canic M. Molecular markers in patients with chronic wounds to guide surgical debridement. Mol Med. 2007;13:30–9.
- Fowler E, Scott-Williams S, McGuire JB. Practice recommendations for preventing heel pressure ulcers. Ostomy Wound Management. 2008;54(10):42:48.
- Amlung SR, Miller WL, Bosley LM, Adv Skin Wound Care. Nov/Dec 2001;14(6):297-301.