Use by minors
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 16 and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through the Service. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please contact us as explained below under Contacting Us.
We may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from certain features (such as email subscriptions, catalog subscriptions, quotes, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as free samples or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from publicly available information sources, including consumer reporting agencies, social media profiles, and other third parties.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data) on or through the Service or otherwise to us.
Automatic information collection and use
We and our service providers may also automatically collect and use information in the following ways:
Through your browser: Certain information is made collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Service through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly and prevent fraud.
How we use and disclose information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. Please see the section entitled “Choices and Access,” below, to learn how you may opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures.
We may use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation, or for our legitimate business interests. In particular, we may use the information that we collect about you:
- Providing the functionality of the Service and fulfilling your requests.
to provide the functionality of the Service and related customer service to you; to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, to send you documents you request or email alerts; to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Service; for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements; for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft; for developing new products and services; for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services; for identifying Service usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Service are of most interest to users; and for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- Analysis of personal information to provide personalized services.
to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests; to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via the Service that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
In addition to the primary purposes of collection noted above, we may generally use the categories of information noted above as follows:
- To protect our rights and property and those of our customers.
- To respond to legal process and emergencies.
- To anonymize or aggregate personal information for various purposes like market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting.
- To customize or personalize your experience with our services.
- To customize our online advertising to provides you information about products and services that may interest you, including co-branded offers.
- To report to consumer reporting agencies.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Choices and access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us via visiting our Contact Us page. In your request to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing emails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and email or postal address.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
For example, if we collect your personal information for Catalog Subscription purposes, we will store it for a period of two years, with a starting point of retention period, e.g., receipt of the request, catalog distribution, receipt of the complaint.
Third party sites and services
297 High Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective: January 1, 2020
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California consumers the right to know what personal information is collected about them, and how it will be used, disclosed, and sold. The CCPA also gives California consumers the right to request access to and deletion of their personal information, and the right to request that their personal information not be sold, and the right not to be discriminated against after exercising privacy rights.
The purpose of this notice is to provide consumers with a description of our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of Personal Information and instructions for submitting CCPA data privacy requests.
Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
The following table identifies the types of personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months and our reasons for doing so .
|Types of Personal Information We Collect
||Primary Purpose for Collection
||Identifiers such as name, postal address, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information
||Account creation, personalization and facilitating usage of the service, internal marketing, to prevent fraud and detect security incidents, and in order to communicate important information
||Information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, credit score, or demographic information
||Account creation, personalization and marketing
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
||Customer service call recordings or other communications with Alimed
||Training, prevent fraud and criminal activity, operational analytics, and comply with applicable laws
|Internet or other electronic network activity information
||Information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, browser information, web analytics, including IP address, time of visit, page(s) visited, cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies
||Facilitating usage of the service, personalization, marketing, and to prevent fraud and detect security incidents
||General and precise location of customer devices
||Provision, development, and optimization of our services marketing, and comply with applicable laws
|Inferences drawn from any of the above information to create a profile about a consumer
||Consumer preferences, characteristics, trends, and behavior
||Develop and optimization of services, personalization, and Internal marketing
We may combine the personal information we collect for the above purposes.
What Personal Information We Sell or Share
The CCPA defines “sale” very broadly to include sharing or disclosing of personal information with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. There are a number of circumstances where we are allowed to share personal information with third parties that are not considered to be a sale. For example, we may share personal information with service providers who work on our behalf if the service provider agrees not to use that personal information for other purposes. In addition, you may direct us to share information with a third-party, which is also not a sale.
We may share the personal information identified in the chart above with the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliates - We may share personal and non-personal information with affiliated entities for approved business purposes. The data may include credit-related, payment history and transactional information.
- Service providers - We may share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. Credit bureaus and similar regulated entities, that we use as part of processing your application and determining eligibility for our services, may incorporate the personal information we submit as part of our inquiry into their databases. They may use the personal information that we submit for other purposes consistent with applicable law.
- Group Account Holders - We offer group accounts to business and government customers, and other group account holders ("Group Accounts"). The account holder for Group Accounts is the entity or person that buys the service or product for its employees or other authorized users. You may receive service, certain pricing, terms or other benefits through a Group Account with us. If so, we may share with that Group Account holder customer registration and other information related to your use of our services.
- Third Party Verification Services - We may share limited personal information (e.g., address, phone number) with non-Alimed entities to assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft.
- Other Third Parties with your consent - We may share information with other third parties with your consent. For example, you may authorize us to share your information with other third parties so that you can learn about their products and services. Use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties' separate privacy policies. This may include sharing information collected in connection with financial products or services, such as installment billing.
- Alimed does not knowingly collect personal information of individuals under 16 years of age.
Your Rights under the CCPA
- You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- You have the right to request deletion of any personal information about you that we have collected from you.
- You have a right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for your exercise of your privacy rights and we would not do so.
- If you are a resident of California under the age of 18 and have registered for an account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our website. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another visitor to our website.
How to Submit a Data Privacy Request
To submit a request for access, deletion, or opt-out, contact us at 1-800-255-2610 or via the Contact Us page or please write to the following address:
297 High Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Verification of Your Identity
To process your request for access or deletion, we must be able to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. In order to do so, you must provide the required identifying information when completing a request through one of our customer service agents. We will ask you to provide your contact information and an additional identifier based on your relationship with us. Before we process your request, we will match these data points with data points we currently maintain to verify your identity and your relationship with us.
Responding to Your Requests
Please note that we may not be required to delete information under certain circumstances. For example, the CCPA allows us to retain data that is necessary to complete a transaction, detect security incidents, or for certain other internal purposes.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request to know, delete, or opt-out on your behalf. When you use an authorized agent to submit a request for access or deletion, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and, in certain circumstances, we may ask you to verify your own identity directly with us. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
California Shine the Light Act
Alimed does not share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Supplemental Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
Effective: January 1, 2020
Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
We collect certain personal information of Nevada consumers through our Internet websites or other online service. This information includes one or more of the following elements of personally identifiable information:
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address that includes the name of a street and the name of a city or town.
- An electronic mail address.
- A telephone number.
- An identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
- Any other information concerning a person collected from the person through the Internet website or online service of the operator, and maintained by the operator in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
We collect this personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud or crime prevention, and for technical security monitoring purposes;
- to facilitate the development of new products and services;
- to enhance, improve or modify our website or products and services;
- for data analysis that will allow us to understand website usage trends;
- to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
Your Privacy Rights
Right to access and/or correct your personal information, or opt out of sale of personal information
If you would like to review, correct, or update your personal information, you or your authorized representative may submit your request via our customer service team. We will respond to your verified request as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than sixty (60) days after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
We generally do not disclose or share personal information for profit. Under Nevada law, you have the right to direct us to not sell or license your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, if applicable, you or your authorized representative may submit a request to our customer service team. We will respond to your verified request as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than sixty (60) days after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
You can contact us with questions about this Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents or to exercise your rights as described in this Notice.
Cookies are small text files stored on a user’s hard drive which contain certain data about the user. IP addresses are the unique code assigned to your computer as connected to the Internet. We use third-party “cookie” technology to track IP addresses only to obtain data about how visitors use our Sites to provide them with the best possible personalized online experience. To do this we and the third parties described in this policy may use third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to keep track of the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh) used by the visitor to the Site, and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. We also may use third-party cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Site in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve our Site. We also use third-party cookies to help us figure out which of our web pages visitors stop at and how long they stay there. This helps us keep our Site fresh and interesting to the majority of our visitors. We use these third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to help us deliver content tailored to a visitor’s interests. You may disable cookies generally or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, if you disable cookies, it may affect how the Sites appear and/or operate for you.
Types of Cookies
Session - a session cookie exists only when you are reading or navigating the website. Upon closing the web browser, these cookies are usually removed.
Persistent - a persistent cookie exists on your computer until a future date; for instance, the cookie expiry date could set as 1 year, and each time a website is accessed over this period, our website will access this cookie.
Third Party - these are implemented by third party websites with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behavioral, demographic and other analytical information, which we use to deliver the best possible user experience.
How do we use third-party cookies and other third-party tracking technologies?
Google Analytics and Google AdWords
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, you may be able to download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We also use Google AdwordsAdWords Cookies help to make our advertising more effective. Without cookies, it’s harder for us to reach our audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.
Google store a record of the ads it serves in its logs. These server logs typically include your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Google stores this data for a number of reasons, the most important of which are to improve its services and to maintain the security of its systems. Google anonymizes this log data by removing part of the IP address (after 9 months) and cookie information (after 18 months).
Learn more about Google’s cookie policies.
Bing Ads and Adlucent
We use Bing Ads, a service provided by Microsoft, for advertising purposes. Learn about the Cookies used by Microsoft.
Mailchimp Marketing Platform
We use Mailchimp's Marketing Platform to improve the efficiency of our marketing efforts. Mailchimp uses essential cookies, which are placed on your browser to ensure secure and optimal delivery of our web and email information and services.
Mailchimp tracks visitors and prospect activities on our website and landing pages by setting cookies on your browsers and uses a web beacon to track email opens and click-through activity.
Mailchimp sets first-party cookies for essential services, which are required for technical operations, and for performance and functionality such as tracking. Mailchimp sets third-party cookies for aggregated analysis and customization for enhancements. Mailchimp cookies do not store personally identifying information, only a unique identifier. A list of the cookies used by Mailchimp can be found at Mailchimp Cookie Statement.
Amazon Seller Central
Information about the cookies used by Amazon.
Social Media Features
Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy and cookie policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features. Here are links to those privacy and cookie policies:
General Information about Behavioral Advertising and Opting out
As described above, we or third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser when you visit our website. We may do so for the purpose of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising” or “interest-based advertising”).
If you use certain features of our services on a mobile device, we may also collect telephony log information (like phone numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls), device event information (such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language), and location information (through IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers).
We participate in the APEC PRP system. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit About Ads or Your Online Choices.