More About This Product
AliMed® BreakAway Lap Cushion with Early Warning Alarm gently reminds patient to remain seated and alerts when patient attempts to rise from chair. Cushion also supplies patients in wheelchairs with a soft, comfortable surface to rest their hands. As the patient attempts to rise, a magnetic strap on one side of the lap cushion releases, activating the alarm. Fits 16" -18" wheelchairs.
Why use them?
- Reminds patient to stay seated
- Alerts staff when patient tries to stand
- Offers trunk and arm support
- Not considered a restraint for patients who are physically able to unfasten the belt
How it works:
- Patient attempts to rise
- Magnetic strap releases on one side of the lap cushion
- Alarm sounds
AliMed® offers the Breakaway Lap Cushion to accompany four different alarms.
- AliMed® Basic Sensor Alarm your reliable
standard patient alarm. When used with the nurse call jack, alarm sounds
both locally at bedside and at the nurse call station. Use on chair or
bed. Mounts easily with clip at back of unit.
- AliMed® VOICE Alarm™ is perfect for a patient
who may get confused or agitated by a loud siren or alarm tone. Staff or
family members can easily record up to a 20-second message.
- AliMed® Worry-Free Alarm uses one battery for the life of the
alarm, eliminating a common complaing: the hassles of low battery chirps
and battery replacement.