More About This Product
The Breather® is a respiratory muscle trainer (RMT) used by COPD, CHF, Dysphagia, and Neuromuscular Disease patients to improve dyspnea, QOL, speech, and swallow performance. It trains both inspiratory and expiratory muscles independently with multiple pressure settings per dial. This new model was designed by therapists for therapists and builds from the success of the original Breather, first manufactured in 1981.
Purpose of use
• Increase respiratory muscle strength
• Reduce dyspnea
• Helps prevent aspiration
• Increased PIF and PEF
• Improved laryngeal function
• Improved swallowing and speech
• Improved peak cough flow
• Pre-Op and Post-Op
New features of the Breather:
1. Stronger mouth seal
2. Listed cmH2O pressure per dial setting
3. Inspiratory and expiratory settings operate independently
4. Ergonomic design for poor hand strength
5. Easy to use and clean
1-1/8"W x 5-1/16"L x 1-7/8"H • Dishwasher-safe, top rack
For an RMT Accessories Kit, click here.
For more information on The Breather®, click here.