CARBOLIME® is a granular solar lime absorbent used for the efficient removal of carbon dioxide from closed and semi-closed patient breathing circuits.
- No KOH – minimum anesthetic agent degradation (e.g. Sevoflurane to Compound A and other toxic products compared to other brands containing potassium hydroxide)
- Low dust – minimum dust levels with the benefits of high surface area and graded particle size
- Low bulk density – less weight required to fill absorber and therefore less waste when refilling frequently (e.g., daily) prior to full exhaustion
- Low risk of carbon monoxide formation due to good resistance of dry gas desiccation
- Low odor due to reliable control of indicator dye concentration – dye overdosing causes amines to be released, dye underdosing causes poor/no color change
- Available in 2-1/2-lb. prepackaged containers and 3-lb. bags for canister refill