CT Simulator for Bone Mineral Analysis System Change in trabecular bone mineral content is an early indicator of change in metabolic function. CT is a major tool in the evaluation of trabecular bone matter in the central skeleton. All CT scanners require a standard of reference to properly perform quantitative tissue analysis. CT Simulator takes into account all known variability factors that can adversely affect the use of CT for bone densitometry. Anthropomorphic phantom design minimizes beam-hardening effects and variances associated with scan field position. Provides a solid epoxy matrix with true calcium hydroxyapatite references. System provides extremely stable density references and does not require special extrapolations or complex calculations. Reporting software runs on a PC or Macintosh®, platform and does not require CT scanner time. System is designed to be used immediately on any whole body CT scanner and does not require special setups or software configurations.
• Tissue-equivalent lumbar section
• Medium and large attenuator rings
• Tissue-equivalent vertebral inserts – 50-, 100-, 150-mg/cc calcium hydroxyapatite
• Slice thickness gauge
• Acrylic support board and base stand
• Technical manual and instructional videotape
• Graphic report software (DOS or Windows®,)
• Manual worksheets and report forms (optional)
• Custom, foam-lined carrying case: 22-1/4"x 14-1/2" x 17"
• Informative patient literature
• Technical hotline assistance